UNESCO and The Water Agency are seeking candidates for the UNESCO Water Resilience Challenge 2022 on the theme of GROUNDWATER.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Be an Indonesian or Vietnamese citizen between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or have graduated in the past four years from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning;
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in Water, Climate and Environmental Issues;
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest in community service or volunteerism;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about Groundwater and Biosphere Reserve;
- Be willing to actively participate in an intensive academic program, site visit and project planning;
- And have a commitment to return to their hometown to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community and country.
Successful participants are required to commit to and complete the program.
Application and Submission Information
Step 1: Prepare supporting files as listed:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), preferably in English;
- Academic transcript, preferably in English and required if you are a student;
- A one-minute video or a 300-word essay explaining why you are interested in this program and why you are a suitable candidate.
Step 2: Upload all three items into a folder in any preferred cloud storage (for example: Google Drive, One Drive, etc.)
Step 3: Complete the Registration Form below.
Step 4: Paste the folder link from Step 2 to final question in Registration Form.
The application deadline is 11:59 PM, 21st of August, 2022. No exceptions will be made regarding the deadline.
- All in-person programs will follow safety guidelines issued by the Vietnamese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Indonesian Task Force for COVID-19 Handling (Satgas COVID -19), and national and local authorities.
- Participants’ costs during Phase II (including travel, activity fees, accommodation, and meals) will be covered by the organisers and partners.
Stay tuned on our Instagram: @indonesiawaterchallenge or Facebook: @vietnamwaterportal for more updates! Only selected participants will receive an email from us, so make sure you put the right contact information and don’t forget to check your email.
Good luck and see you soon!